Usually I like certain drinks during a particular season. Check out my favorite winter and summer cocktails on my At Play tab on my homepage. I always liked sangria in the summer while sitting poolside. But my recipe can be used for all seasons!
Here it is…
RED WINE SANGRIA
- 2 lemons
- 2 limes
- 1 kiwi
- 1 orange
- 10 strawberries
- 1 (20 ounce) can pineapple chunks in pineapple juice (not syrup)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup Cointreau (or any orange liqueur will do)
- 1/3 cup Mailbu rum
- 2 cups orange juice
- 1 bottle of red wine – I like a shiraz, but any will do! (don’t use the good stuff, cheap is fine!)
- 1 can frozen pink lemonade concentrate
- lemon-lime soda
- Peel and slice the orange, lemons, limes, kiwi, and strawberries, put in pitcher. Add the can of pineapple chunks with the juice, and sugar. Pour in the Cointreau, rum, and orange juice. Stir. Let sugar dissolve. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Add the red wine and pink lemonade concentrate. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Serve over ice, adding the chilled lemon-lime soda to the top of each glass. Spoon fruit into each glass. Garnish with any fruit – orange, lemon, lime or cherry.
Do you have a favorite sangria recipe? Share it with me in the comments below!