OK – I’m back to reality! I’ve been out of touch for a week but ready to jump back in – here are My Friday Favorites:
On TV –
- Mad Men – was so heartbreaking this week. I loved this episode. The scenes between Don and Joan and Don and Peggy were reminiscent of years past. (Was it a coincidence that it was sparse of Megan? I don’t think so.)
On the page -
- Redbook Magazine – Work & Money Section – 8 Secrets from the HR Department is an interesting article in the June 2012 issue. It outlines inappropriate office behavior and what Human Resource departments are really thinking in certain situations. For the past few months I have been reading 100+ resumes and interviewing for several positions. Some of these really hit home when I read them!
On the computer -
- Caffeinated & Random – Seinfeld Episodes that Wouldn’t Work Today – for my inner TV junkie
- Small Potatoes – An Educator’s Guide to Creating Learning Spaces in Small Places – for my inner organized teacher
On the sales rack –
- Crate and Barrel – Garden, Patio, and Outdoor Sale – planters, outdoor furniture, tablecloths, and umbrellas…everything you need to make your outdoor space ready for summer entertaining.
Places to go –
- The Barnes Foundation - recently opened its Philadelphia campus and I had a chance to walk through one morning last week before work. I need to go back, because I could have spent the whole day. My favorite painting in the collection – Maurice Brazil Prendergast’s The Beach “No 3″
What were your favorite things from the past week? Leave me a comment and tell me what you’re watching, reading, and buying! Remember – the person who makes the 200th comment on my blog gets a prize.
Happy Friday and Happy June — this year is flying by for me and I am so glad summer is here!
Thanks for stopping by and reading.